XTOP conference Carry-le-Rouet, near Marseille, from 17 to 22 March 2024.
Abstract submission is open until 10/11 2023.
We are happy to announce that the 15 th XTOP Biennial Conference of High Resolution X-ray
Diffraction and Imaging - will be held in Carry le Rouet, close to Marseille. The first XTOP conference
took place in Marseille in 1992. The main scope of the conference was set already in 1992 to X-ray
topography and high resolution diffraction, however during the time the conference has covered also
other related topics like x-ray tomography, phase sensitive scattering, scanning techniques etc.
XTOP brings together scientists from the fields of X-ray diffractometry, reflectometry, standing waves,
coherent and conventional X-ray diffraction imaging and topography, as well as X-ray absorption and
phase contrast imaging. XTOP is thus one of the central scientific conference concerning methods and
instrumentation in laboratory and synchrotron-based high-resolution X-ray diffraction methods, phase
contrast imaging, and micro-tomography
• Opening date for the submission of abstracts: 01/10/2023.
• Deadline for submission of abstracts: 10/11/2023.
• Opening of the registration: beginning of October 2023.
• Answer to authors: 1st December 2023.
• Early bird registration deadline: 15/12/2023.
• Deadline for late registration: February 2024
Sessions and confirmed invited speakers
• Imaging (full field and scanning microscopy; phase contrast imaging; coherent diffraction imaging;
high resolution diffraction imaging, topography): Ana Diaz, PSI (Switzerland).
• Probing matter with coherent X-rays: Felix Hofmann, Oxford University (United Kingdom).
• Theory: Crystal theory versus experiments, high throughput computing, phase retrieval, statistical
approaches, deep learning, AI: Vincent Favre-Nicolin, ESRF (France/Europe).
• Crystal defects: theory vs experiment: Andrej Singer, Cornell University (USA).
• Strain and stress analysis: Can Yildirim, ESRF (France/Europe).
• Industrial applications with X-ray scattering: Ehrenfried Zschech, DeepXscan (Germany).
• In situ & operando experiments: Hyunjung Kim, Sogang University (Korea).
• SAXS, reflectivity, grazing incidence scattering: Stefano Toso, IIT Gen
• XFEL and new sources: Gema Martinez-Criado, ESRF (France/Europe).
15th XTOP Biennial Conference of High Resolution X-ray Diffraction and Imaging
17 -22 mars 2024, Carry-le-Rouet