27 février 2017-30 mars 2017, Grenoble
HERCULES is a European course for PhD students and young researchers using Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation for applications in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Hard & Soft Condensed Matter.
The 1-month school includes lectures (60%), hands-on practicals and tutorials at partner institutes (ESRF, ILL in Grenoble, Soleil and LLB near Paris, SLS in Switzerland) and Grenoble Laboratories (CEA, CNRS, EMBL, IBS).
The school includes a common part and two parallel sessions:
- Biomolecular, soft condensed matter structure & dynamics
- Physics and chemistry of condensed matter
Why join Hercules ?
• to learn new techniques using neutron and synchrotron radiation
• to expand your theoretical and practical knowledge, not only for your present research but for your scientific career
• to experiment these techniques on world-class instruments & beamlines
• to build a network of relations with fellow young researchers and experienced teachers from all around the World
Bursaries/reduced costs: a limited number of bursaries will be available either to reduce registration fees or cover travel costs.
More information: (see programme overview below)
2017 session: 1st March-1st April, 2015
Deadline for application: 15 October 2014
Hercules website: http://hercules-school.eu/
Full list of lectures: http://hercules-school.eu/24-session-program.htm
Download the full 2016 Booklet (lectures, practicals..)