|Intitulé du poste :
||Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL)
|Description du poste :
The main objective of this position is to understand residual stress formation during additive manufacturing (AM) by means of neutrons and x-rays monitoring. This will allow to tailor residual stresses in the material and consequently to enhance its mechanical properties. The work is embedded in a direct collaboration with the Institute of Materials Physics in Space of German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Cologne and the Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing in Berlin (BAM) for materials characterisation and AM powder-based process development.
Working within our Diffraction group on the strain diffractometer SALSA, your research program will focus on:
- Residual stress mapping (ex-situ) and monitoring (in-situ) of various materials that are manufactured from powders (steel, Ti-based, bulk-metallic glass).
- Operando studies on internal stresses development and phase formation using existing set-ups.
- Assist the scientists in charge of SALSA when they welcome users on experiments with similar scientific scope, in order to further develop your- scientific network.
- Highly motivated candidate with a PhD (obtained less than 4 years ago) in physics, materials science or alike.
- A strong background in experimental physics or materials science is a prerequisite.
- Practical experience in diffraction methods and metal AM and/or solidification research would be advantageous.
- As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
|Durée du contrat :
|| 18 months renewable for a further 6 to 18 months period
|Date limite de candidature
|Lien pour la candidature
||Then why not take your next career step with us by applying online - preferably in English - via our career portal , quoting reference number 23/02 with a list of publications and the names of 3 referees, including one from your present work place. Please note that all applicants are subject to administrative screening. For this post, medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
|Personne à contacter :